Current Offerings
 Interested in DynamicDialogue?
(Click to visit our new Dialogue website)

PROGRAMS include our 2-year DynamicDialogue Practicum; the annual 9 month Listen to Your Life program and the 2-year Internship in the Art of Spiritual Direction. Click for more about spiritual direction including direction groups for women and men.
  ALL OFFERINGS are at Bread of Life in Sacramento unless noted.

Silent Sunday - Retreat Afternoon First Sunday of each month, 2:30-5:30 p.m.
Janice Boyd

Join us for a time of centering prayer, silence, and personal solitude. "Come Away" to some quiet time to center, reconnect, and renew inwardly. Designed for those comfortable with extended silence. Enrollment limited to 15. Must register in advance. Click the title link. $15/session.

 Deep Calls to Deep:
A Quarterly Series at Mercy Burlingame

An extension of Bread of Life’s Soul-Tending Membership to the greater Bay area in partnership with Mercy Burlingame. Quarterly gatherings encourage deepening within the regional community of soul-tenders.

Manna Moments in the Wilderness
Saturday, March 3, 1:30-3:30*
Mercy Center, Burlingame

Registration closes February 21.

 This Is Your Brain on Life
Sat., May 5, 2018, 9:30 am – 4:30 pm
Sacramento location TBA
with Tanda Ainsworth
While our culture sees attitudes and actions as conscious choices or unconscious psychological structures, new brain science reveals how our biology has a signi´Čücant impact. Learn about your brain type and the types of those you live and work with to reduce stigma, foster compassion,and discover positive selfcare options for optimizing brain potential.
The Rhythm of Grace
We repeat this annual cycle as a gift to the community. Knowing the great pattern of  spiritual/life journey helps us grow with confidence through times of breakdown and break through.You can enter at any point. Repeaters are welcome - the wisdom of this ancient way and the practices it invites are inexhaustible. Limited to 15.
to reserve your place.
Free will offering.
Next in our Annual Cycle:
Allowing Joy
May 10, 2018, 6:30-8:30 with Sandra Lommasson
After change comes knocking on the door (Fall) , it beings ripple effects that cause great struggle (Winter).  And then, joy breaks through unexpectedly, and not because of anything we've done. This is perhaps even more unnerving than the long struggle and completes the 'ego-eating' work of the Spirit in our lives.
SUMMER: Offering Your Gift in the World (July 12, 2018, 6:30-8:30)
A Benefit for Bread of Life
with Don Bisson, FMS
 Tuesday, July 24, 2018
Sacramento locatioon TBA
Coming face to face with the hidden or disowned parts of ourselves is highly disturbing whether personally or as a culture. And it's necessary.

It brings us into encounter with what psychologist Karl Jung calls the Shadow. When consciously put together ‘good ways’ of being and doing are disturbed by the ugly emergence, trying to rebury it doesn’t work for individuals or cultures. This includes phenomena like the rising expression of hate speech in our public life.

Here’s the hope: 90% of the shadow is ‘pure gold’ meaning it offers something needed for our wholeness. The other 10% is, however, extraordinarily dangerous. How do we discern the difference and engage in a way that brings genuine life?

 Deep Calls to Deep: The Community Renews
Our 2
nd Annual Overnight Retreat for the community of Soul-tenders in partnership with Mercy Center, Burlingame.
Saturday, August 18, 2018, 10 am to Sunday, August 19 at 11 am Facilitated by Sandra Lommasson, Tom Morgan & Marjorie Hoyer Smith. Retreat registration opens April 1.
Dialogue is a practice for our time, a time of growing complexity and perplexity. Rather than pulling back into silos and surrounding ourselves with the like-minded, we intentionally seek a creative common ground that yields more than "You see it your way and I see it mine."

Our basic workshop series focuses on 
core components of practice like Awareness, Compassion, Creative Freedom and Interdependence. To see the calendar of offerings and to register for any of our sessions, please click here to visit our DynamicDialogue website.
To honor the commitment of registrants and presenters we have a two-week registration deadline for all events unless otherwise noted. If the minimum number of registrants is not reached two weeks prior to an event, Bread of Life reserves the right to cancel the event. For events cancelled by Bread of Life, 100% of monies paid by registrant will be refunded.

You may cancel your registration for an event by its registration deadline and be refunded all but a 10% processing fee or $5 minimum. For cancellations after the registration deadline we regret we cannot offer refunds as the monies are already committed.

Retreats as well as our long-term Dialogue and Spiritual Formation programs have their own registration and refund policies. Please inquire.